Most of us know about the health benefits of guava fruit. But we are unaware of the fact that even guava leaves have several medicinal properties and offer an array of health benefits. Guava leaves are worthy of so much attention since they offer an abundance of health benefits. Being packed with antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents and beneficial tannins, fresh guava leaves are considered as a natural pain reliever.
Read more on guava leaves and their general benefits to human health here:
More often than not, hair fall or loss is a direct result of unhealthy scalp conditions. Guava leaves have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties that have made it a popular ingredient for maintaining scalp health. It is often used in hair rinses to treat scalp issues such as dandruff. It is also rich in B Vitamins and Vitamin C, which nourish the follicles and aid hair growth.
Benefits of Guava Leaves on Hair:
- Massaging the lotion into your scalp improves blood pressure, which helps the follicles receive more nutrition. This results in healthy hair growth.
- Guava leaves contain vitamin C, which helps boost collagen activity. This helps hair grow out faster and healthier.
- Its antioxidant properties help fight free radicals, thus preventing damage.
- It also contains lycopene, which provides protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- It helps remove the buildup of dirt and grime from your hair and unclogs your follicles. This helps prevent oiliness and dandruff.
- The removal of dirt helps smooth down your hair shafts, making them soft and shiny.
- Apart from stopping hair fall and stimulating new hair growth, guava leaves have a number of medicinal properties that help soothe and control various ailments.
Treat your Hair with Guava Leaves:
A guava leaf lotion is a simple thing to make. Follow the steps below:
You Will Need:
- A handful of guava leaves;
- 1 liter water; and
- A pot for boiling.
- Pour the water into the pot and boil it.
- To the boiling water, add the guava leaves.
- Let the water boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and let it cool.
Wash and cleanse your hair with shampoo and skip conditioning. Once your hair is almost dry, section it and start applying the guava leaf solution.
Ensure that the solution has cooled down to room temperature before you start applying it to your hair.
Massage the solution into your scalp for at least 10 minutes and ensure that all of your hair saturated with it. Pay extra attention to the roots and tips while you apply the solution. You can leave this solution on for up to 2 hours. Optionally, you can wrap your hair in a towel and sleep with the solution in your hair. Rinse the solution out of your hair with lukewarm water.
Do not rinse your hair with hot water as this will dry out your scalp and hair.
Using guava leaves on your hair will leave it feeling soft and looking lustrous, while thickening its volume. Make your very own guava leaf hair care solution that will battle hair fall and promote hair growth.